Basic HTML Code Articles - HTML Tutorials
Basic HTML code articles and HTML tutorials covering the importance of clean compliant HTML code, code validation, HTML code validators, CSS code validators, link checkers, cross browser compatibility, the HTML document, the DOCTYPE declaration, character encoding, the HTML document structure and more...
Clean Compliant HTML Code
- Clean Compliant HTML Code vs Cost of Non Compliant HTML Code - The costs associated with not using clean code and non compliant code and the benefits of clean compliant HTML code. Building a Website with Clean Compliant HTML Code.
- Clean HTML Code - Clean HTML code is important to the success of any web site. Important Head Tags each web page should contain. Unnecessary Meta Tags of no particular use. Reduce excessive coding resulting in clean HTML code. Incorrect Characters coding from a processing document into html code file may insert invisible characters that browsers does not understand or use word processor version of characters instead of the text version. Tables common problems with coding tables. Browsers and search engines read HTML coding of the web page from the top down therefore proper logic is required.
- Code Validation - Clean Code - A discussion of code validation, why validate your code, why code validation and clean code is important, code validation from the accessibility point of view and code validation from a search engine optimization point of view.
HTML Code Validators
- Validators - HTML Code Validators - What HTML code validators do, HTML code validators available, using the W3C's Validation Services, why your page won't validate and why when validating web pages you get "Fatal Error: No DOCTYPE specified!"
CSS Code Validators (Cascading Style Sheet Validators)
- Validators - CSS Code Validators - What CSS code validators do, CSS code validators available, using the W3C's CSS Validation Services and why your page won't validate.
Link Checker - Link Validators
- Validators - Link Checker - What link check validators do, link check validators available, using the W3C's Link Checker Services and what to do when the link checker finds broken links.
Cross Browser Compatibility
- Cross-Browser Compatible - Is Your Site Cross-Browser Compatible? How does it look in the major browsers available? How to make a web site cross-browser compatible.
- DOCTYPE Declaration - The DOCTYPE Declaration (DTD or Document Type Declaration), what it does and why each web page needs it. HTML validation requires the DOCTYPE declaration (DTD). The browsers will go into Quirks mode if a DOCTYPE declaration (DTD) is not included.
- Character Encoding - If you have added the DOCTYPE Declaration to your webpages but still can't get the validator to work (the validator responds with "No Character Encoding Found! Falling back to UTF-8.") you are missing an important piece of information that the validator and browsers need to render your web page correctly. So what is this Character Encoding the validator is talking about?
- The HTML Document Structure Using the correct HTML document structure when creating a web page is important. If the HTML document structure is incorrect the web page can break or the search engine spider may not be able to read the page.
- Meta Tags Meta tags are coding inserted in the head section of the web page that is not seen by the page visitor but communicates information to the browser and some search engines.
HTML Tags and HTML Coding
- Using the br tag - Line Break Tag in HTML coding to move text or image to a new line.
- Comment Tag The comment tags are used to insert comments, hide scripts from browsers and for testing web page errors.
- Non-Breaking Space What the non-breaking space HTML coding is, how to use it and when not to use it.