This HTML tools page includes online HTML tools and HTML toolbars which we recommend.
Online HTML Tools
The W3C provides a free HTML Validator service. This HTML tool checks web documents for comformance with the W3C Recommendations and other standards.
- Validate by URI Validate the HTML coding of a "live" page. Enter the URL of a page on a website and have the HTML Validator examine the page.
- Validate by File Upload Validate the HTML coding of a web page on your computer. Browse to the location of the file on your computer then have the HTML validator examine your file. Note: XP SP2 has created a problem using this part of the W3C's validation service when trying to upload via Internet Explorer. Use a different browser and it will work fine.
- Validate by direct input Validate HTML coding by copying and pasting the code into the HTML validator interface.
Related HTML Code Validation Articles
- Clean Compliant HTML Code vs Cost of Non Compliant HTML Code Websites that causes your browser or computer to crash could be because the web page contains coding errors or the page author has used non compliant or browser specific code.
- Code Validation - Clean Code Code validation is the process of checking that the coding of a web page is in compliance with the standards and recommendations set by the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) for the web.
- Validate HTML Code - HTML Code Validators HTML (Hyper Text Markup Language) code validators check that the web page HTML coding is in compliance with HTML standards set by the W3C.
- The W3C provides a free link checker. This HTML tool checks the links within a web page then produces a report showing all working links along with those that are broken.
Related Link Checker Articles
- Link Check - Link Checker Validators Checking a site for broken links is important to a web site's success. If the web page/web site contains broken links the search engine spiders will not find the page refered to and your site's credibility could be damaged when the visitor continually finds broken links.
- TinyURL!™ Provides a service where you can shorten long URLS.
- HTML Color Picker A online colour picker. Select a colour and the HTML color value appears.
- Web Accessibility Toolbar Not just for checking Accessiblity Issues. With this toolbar you can validate your HTML, CSS and Links, test your pages in different resolutions, turn your CSS on and off, get a list of images on the page, toggle images off to check your alt tags, check your heading structure, remove tables to see your page as the search engine spider sees your page, see your table cell order (order the search engine spider will read your table cells), page information, meta tag information on the page, get a list of links on the page (you can see which links are missing their title attributes) and so much more. A definate must have.